Most people report they do not want to burden family members if help getting around is needed.
Why? The comments on not wanting to become a burden on family in this two minute video provide some good answers. It was created by Life Happens, a non profit organization. I believe it helps individuals understand the value of this special kind of insurance to "protect your finances".
More understanding can be gained in these additional LifeHappens.com videos on how owning Long Term Care insurance means you will:
- Be able to receive quality assistance from professionals.
- Continue to be in control and thus have peace of mind.
Many people, when thinking about their life in the future, report they do not want to run out of the money. One great way to be sure this does not happen is to insure your hard earned income and savings nest egg.
Buying means you will have funds to hire quality professional assistance. Thus — can Be in Control of the living situation you want — can Maintain Dignity — will not become a Burden on your loved ones.
Many people say their change in health was "unexpected".
There is an old saying - "Life is what happens when you are making other plans". It tells us no one can predict tomorrow and emphasizes why preparing for an "unexpected" change in health is so important. Ask yourself these questions about your future:
- Do you want to stay at home?
- Do you have a pile of money to pay the professionals your would like? They are very expensive.
- Can someone in your family change what they now do to come help? Could your family help you pay for assistance?
Have a Question?
You found information and need help figuring out what it all means!
Call John today -
for answers and to talk about the values you and your family gain by insuring your savings nest egg and income.
Isn't Long Term Care insurance expensive?
Compared to how much of your income & savings would be used to hire professionals directly. Your cost would be just pennies. Then too, the risk of needing help is much higher than the risk your home or car insurance will be needed.
Long Term Care insurance's special age based tax deduction can also lower your cost.
Helping Connecticut residents.
Surveys report insurance is confusing, frustrating, and overwhelming.
John's focus is to provide guidance to eliminate the confusion about Long Term Care insurance. In addition, we will also discuss:
» How you can gain certainty by paying a known amount vs living with the uncertainty of unknown and significant expenses.
» How sharing between what you pay and what your plan pays controls plan cost!
LongTermCareIns-CT.com was developed and is regularly updated to share the insights of a professional Long Term Care insurance (LTCi) advisor. The information in the following pages hopefully will help you make an informed and effective decision on this complicated insurance:
- What's LTCi - summarizes what long term care is, how it works, and the cost of these services.
- Value of LTCi - some points on what you and your family gain by owning this special kind of "family protection insurance".
- Value of Early Planning - why taking action early to protect your family is important.
- LTCi in the workplace - ideas for employers on the value of implementing a Long Term Care benefit.
- Learn More - links to information on the Connecticut Partnership for Long Term Care; resources and videos about long term services; and the advantages to residents of owning Long Term Care insurance in Connecticut.
Additional insights are posted periodically on the Long Term Care insurance in Connecticut blog.
John C Parker, has achieved professional designations as a Long Term Care Insurance professional and a Registered Health Underwriter. John is licensed to conduct business in CT (644135) and RI (1058420) and does not solicit or sell in other states.
This site shares insights from extensive involvement in professional associations, industry conferences, working with leading Long Term Care Insurance organizations, and individual research. These pages do not advocate a specific company or plan.