A large majority of people indicate they do not want to burden family members if they need help getting around.
Several people comment on why not wanting to become a burden on family was important in this two minute video. It's from Life Happens a non profit organization focused on increasing understanding of the value of insurance.
Individuals also report in these two other insightful Life Happens videos how owning Long Term Care insurance means they will:
Are these values of interest to you? If so it's important to buy what I like to call a "special kind of health insurance". Buying means you have insured your income and savings nest egg.
Many people say their change in health was "unexpected".
Thus, to be prepared in case an "unexpected" change does happen ask yourself questions such as:
- What would you like to happen?
- Are you interested in being at home with as much independence as possible? Do you have a pile of money to pay for all the very expensive help?
- Could someone in your family change what they now do to come help? Would your family help you pay for professionals?
Have a Question?
You found information and need help figuring out what it all means!
Call John today -
for answers and to talk about the values you and your family gain by insuring your savings nest egg and income.
Isn't Long Term Care insurance expensive?
Not in comparison to paying directly for professional help!
- No matter how much your plan costs it's just pennies compared to how much of your income & savings would be used up if you were to pay directly for all the help you need.
- The cost of a plan vs the big risk of needing help is much lower than the cost vs risk for the insurance on your home or a car.
The cost is also reduced some since Long Term Care insurance provides you a special age based tax deduction.
Bottom line — Buying means you — will Not Burden Family — you are insuring your Income & Savings — will Be in Control of the living situation you want - will be able to Maintain Dignity.
Helping Connecticut residents.
Surveys report insurance is confusing, frustrating, and overwhelming.
John works as a resource to eliminate the confusion. Our conversation will be about your interests "if" your health changes, and on the value you can gain by creating a flexible plan.
In addition, we will discuss:
» The importance of thinking about taking action to insure your savings nest egg.
» How paying the plan cost provides the certainty of a known amount vs the uncertainty on how big the significant expenses, which follow a change in health, will be.
» How sharing assistance expenses between you and then plan can control plan cost!
LongTermCareIns-CT was developed and is regularly updated to share the insights of a professional Long Term Care insurance (LTCi) advisor. The information in these pages hopefully will help you make an informed and effective decision:
- What's LTCi - summarizes what long term care is, how it works, and the cost of these services.
- Value of LTCi - some points on what you and your family gain by owning this special kind of "family protection insurance".
- Value of Early Planning - why taking action early to protect your family is important.
- LTCi in the workplace - ideas for employers on the value of implementing a Long Term Care benefit.
- Learn More - links to information on the Connecticut Partnership for Long Term Care; resources and videos about long term services; and the advantages to residents of owning Long Term Care insurance in Connecticut.
Additional insights are posted periodically on the Long Term Care insurance in Connecticut blog.
John C Parker, has achieved professional designations as a Long Term Care Insurance professional and a Registered Health Underwriter. John is licensed to conduct business in CT (644135) and RI (1058420) and does not solicit or sell in other states.
This site shares insights from extensive involvement in professional associations, industry conferences, working with leading Long Term Care Insurance organizations, and individual research. These pages do not advocate a specific company or plan.