Buying Long Term Care insurance means:
- You won't burden your family. They will be free to help manage the professionals providing your assistance; to care about you; plus help as they can.
- You can be at home and independent as possible, which provides peace of mind and allows you to retain your dignity.
- Your children won't face the difficult task of helping a parent with personal functions, which would be very emotional for them!
- You won't have to worry that conflict will develop among siblings over having to spend their parents savings nest egg vs retaining these funds for the other's retirement.
How does this special insurance I like to call
"Key Family Protection"© work?
What does this special kind of insurance do for you?
Creates a guaranteed pool of funds ,which:
• Acts like a wall around your finances and can grow to be significant.
For example: A Single person age 55 selects a three year Benefit Period; an initial Benefit Amount of $7,000 a month; and adds the 5% compound inflation option. Looking to the future, say at age 82, the annual Benefit pool would have grown to $940,831.
• Provides professional care giving counselors to meet with you when a life situation happens. Assistance options in the area are reviewed and a plan is developed for the kind of help you and family agree is needed. Counselors are independent from any service and support providers you may use.
Call John C Parker today - 860.739.0005 - to meet for a free consultation on what it can mean to you.
What about government coverage?
The question about MedicAID becomes - will funding, which is not guaranteed, be there to provide assistance at today's level?
- Some think it will be there to pay so they plan to wait and apply if needed.
- Many just don't want the kind of lifestyle, which comes with MedicAID and believe they would lose their dignity.
Note: In Connecticut, because of very low MedicAID reimbursement rates, assistance is usually only available in certain nursing homes. More information on how government care works.
What does all this tell us?
No one can predict tomorrow thus the saying - "Life is what happens when you are making other plans" really emphasizes why owning this special kind of health insurance is so important.
Some points about the plan's premium:
- The amount is based on your age the date you apply, your health situation at that time, and a very important factor - the level of benefits you select.
- What ever might be paid it's just pennies on the dollar in comparison to the significant funds you would need to have set aside to pay for help yourself.
- It is much lower than the premium cost vs risk of insurance such as home or auto!
An important but little understood value - owning insurance has a positive affect on taxes!
Benefits received from your plan's pool of funds are tax free! On the other hand each dollar withdrawn from investments to pay for help directly will be taxable!
The IRS also allows a person, who purchased a tax qualified Long Term Care insurance plan, to take a partial deduction, which is based on your age. It happens when completing the IRS 1040. Here are the allowable amounts and other details.
Call John C Parker today at 860.739.0005 to talk about these values. I will get back to you if not available.
Important information on the advantages of taking action today to plan for long term care services is on the next page.
John C Parker, has achieved professional designations as a Long Term Care Insurance professional and a Registered Health Underwriter. John is licensed to conduct business in CT (644135) and RI (1058420) and does not solicit or sell in other states.
This site shares insights from extensive involvement in professional associations, industry conferences, working with leading Long Term Care Insurance organizations, and individual research. These pages do not advocate a specific company or plan.